Canary Wood Jewelry Box

Canary Wood Jewelry Box
One of a kind

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Against the grain

I turned a hart Dbl. twist pen from Locust wood. I cut the pen blanks accross the grain instead of with the grain (photo below). I carefully used a gouge to get the blank round and then used sandpaper to size and shape it. I started with 40 grit to rough it in then progresivly sanded to 800 grit. This took consideratly more time of course but eliminated the probability of blowout. I think the effect is worth the extra time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wall Street ll

Wall Street ll
Lilac Wood

Locust Wood: Against the grain

Locust Wood: Against the grain

Sedona Cap Pen

Blk Walnut, Ebony, Bloodwood.

Blk Walnut, Ebony, Bloodwood.

Blk Walnut, Ebony, Bloodwood.

Blk Walnut, Ebony, Bloodwood.